How can you access academic help?
There are several resources available on the YHS School Counseling Website for you to access:
Specifically, a few of those resources are:
- YHS teachers are usually available from 7:30-8:20am. You need to email or talk with your teacher ahead of time (the day before or sooner) to make sure they do not have a conflict.
- ELC classes: Talk to your ELC teacher--he/she may be able to help you and/or find a peer tutor in your ELC to help you.
- “Ask Rose”: This is a FREE homework help program that you call, email, or chat on-line with a tutor who is trained to help you with all subject areas. The tutor will review your problem with you and help you work through the problem until you understand how to solve it yourself.
Website to access: https://askrose.org/
- Ball State Tutors: The university sends a list every year of their students who are willing to tutor (and the subject areas). Generally there is a fee involved. Listed below is the 2017-2018 BSU tutor list. Some of the students listed will be back this year. Once BSU is in session, we will attach the current tutor list:
- Khan Academy: FREE on-line site that offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empowers learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. The site math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more.
- Sylvan Learning Center: This is an in-person tutoring agency. The closest one to Yorktown is in Fishers (there are several locations throughout Indiana). There is a cost associated with this service. Sylvan tutors in all subject areas.