How can you access academic help?
- YHS teachers are usually available from 7:30-8:20am. You need to email or talk with your teacher ahead of time (the day before or sooner) to make sure they do not have a conflict.
- If possible, ELC classes: Talk to your ELC teacher--he/she may be able to help you and/or find a peer tutor in your ELC to help you.
- Parent Canvas Access - would you like to have a Canvas account so you can see what your students are doing? Click here to start the process.
- “Ask Rose”: This is a FREE homework help program that you call, email, or chat on-line with a tutor who is trained to help you with all subject areas. The tutor will review your problem with you and help you work through the problem until you understand how to solve it yourself. Website to access: https://askrose.org/about/
- Ball State Tutors: The university sends a list every year of their students who are willing to tutor (and the subject areas). Generally there is a fee involved. Click here.
- Khan Academy: FREE on-line site that offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empowers learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. The site includes math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more.
- Sylvan Learning Center: This is an in-person tutoring agency. The closest one to Yorktown is in Fishers (there are several locations throughout Indiana). There is a cost associated with this service. Sylvan tutors in all subject areas.
- School House: The Indiana Department of Education is a partner with School House World and offers students age 13 and older only free tutoring with a “live” tutor online. Students can use their school issued email to sign up.